Life Skills is one of the most important things a parent can teach their child!
Is your child with autism getting ready to live on their own? Stuff You Need to Know is
a guide to help kids and young adults with autism learn the most basic
skills to achieve independence. Finding suitable materials for young adults with autism can be
difficult since most books available are written for the younger age
group. Books written for older individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
(ASD) can contain too much text, which can be visual text overload.
This workbook covers beginner-level
tasks such as:
- Reading nutritional labels and making healthy choices
- Practicing good hygiene and getting ready independently
- Following a recipe to make lunch
- Realizing when something is an emergency (and having an action plan)
- Using technology and social media safely
And so much more!
This resource, written by a mom and proven to have helped hundreds of
young adults even before publication, will help you and your child take their
first steps to a safe, happy, and independent life.