by Barbara Jacobs
Unnervingly clever, obsessively logical and infuriating to live with,
but also disarmingly childlike and able to make you laugh - sound
As many as 1 in 100 people are affected by
Asperger's Syndrome (AS), the high-functioning end of the autistic
spectrum. With humour, optimism and compelling honesty throughout, this
insightful handbook provides invaluable practical advice, including:
* AS facts and figures
* Asperger's questionnaires
* advice and guidelines on diagnosis
* Asperger's and employment
* how to handle the difficult times
* personal accounts from people with AS and their partners.
By researching expert opinion and telling her own
gripping story, Barbara Jacobs reveals the truth about people with AS
and those who love them.